Monday, October 3, 2011

I believe the children are the future.

I believe the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way...

- Whitney declared it well.

Lately, I've been just broken over various situations in Burundi. A Christian nation, fighting to find it's peace once again. Recent news spoke on the massacre in Gatumba where many were killed at a local bar with grenades and A-K's. Then our children come to my mind...

I began thinking on the principles we are raising them up with, equipping them and preparing them to clearly be Burundi's future. I believe our children, along with many, many more can be the change they want for their nation. Standing for righteousness, justice, taking hold of that fiery torch and leading the way to a peaceful land once again. I believe. What we sow and invest into our children will be what they will stand for and surely the fruit they will bear will be a direct result of what seeds we sowed into them. The example of Christ we were before them.

With us adults, yes. God can use us and bring change, and even change us... absolutely. But sometimes... (just sometimes) through our maturity we tend "to become set in our ways", standing stronger for traditions we have learned and practiced, than the Word of God. Sometimes our "soil" is rocky from bitterness, unforgiveness and the pains that come through our time here on the earth. When the Word comes, at times it takes root and other times, not so much. I don't know about you, but I have had to pry some rocks out of my soil as I draw nearer unto our loving God. With a child, their soil is fertile and ready for those seeds - for the Word of God; it's vital we understand that what we sow into our children now, will be evident in their character as the years pass. As for our children, we are equipping and preparing them for the coming of the Lord through the grace of God. Teaching them to stand for Justice, because God is Just; in a world of injustice... To be Holy, because God himself is Holy.

I recently heard something that I smiled at, and thought - right on. We spend so much time trying to teach our children to be like us, when we in essence need to become more like our children. Until next time...

Matthew 18:1-4 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying "Who then is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers


Blog Archive

Blog Design By